Just hours after after Dorit Kemsley was asked about her expensive designer wardrobe during part three of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reunion, the reality star was robbed at gunpoint in her own house.
“A home invasion robbery happened at 10:50 pm last night [Oct. 27] and it happened at the 1700 block of Adlon Road,” the Los Angeles Police Department revealed to Us Weekly in a statement. “We don’t have specific details of the investigating detective or if a gun was used or not. We’re getting very vague information since it’s in its preliminary stages.”
According to multiple reports, the RHOBH star, 45, was sleeping when three men entered her bedroom. It’s believed at least one of the intruders flashed a gun at the reality star. Kemsley allegedly begged the three robbers not to harm her son, Jagger, 7, and daughter, Phoenix, 5, who were asleep in their bedrooms nearby. Although details are still emerging, it appears the kids were unharmed and didn’t interact with the intruders.
After the frightening ordeal, Kemsley’s castmates Erika Jayne, Lisa Rinna and Teddi Mellencamp showed their immediate support. The group was photographed quietly arriving at Kemsley’s home on Oct. 28.
You may also like: 10 reasons why Kathy Hilton should be a permanent RHOBH cast member.
Everything we know about the Dorit Kemsley robbery
- The three robbers were allegedly in her house for roughly 20 minutes on the night of Oct. 27.
- The Daily Mail reports that they gained access to the property by smashing the glass door of her kids’ at-home classroom.
- Kemsley’s husband, PK, was in London at the time and has since flown back to be with his family.
- According to the Daily Mail, upwards of $100,000 in purses and jewelry were stolen.
- The suspects are still currently at large.
This isn’t the first robbery scare for a RHOBH cast member. In 2018, Kyle Richards’ home was robbed. Fortunately, the reality star wasn’t home at the time, but more than $1 million in jewelry and purses were stolen from her Encino, Calif. home.