Hailey Bieber is known for pulling off that effortless, clean girl makeup aesthetic with her beauty looks, and her chic manicures are no exception. When it comes to her nails, Bieber is known for her simple and chic nails, and has started a new trend: glazed-donut nails.
In an interview with POPSUGAR, the Rhode founder revealed that before this year’s Met Gala, she discovered glazed-donut nails by accident. After a coat of light pink nail polish had been applied, Bieber’s manicurist Zola Ganzorigt applied chrome polish on top, for a pearly, glazed look. “I’m testing it with a few different colours, and this is like the nude-y shade — my glazed-donut nails,” Bieber said.
Bieber has previously mentioned that she loves to have glazed-donut skin, so it’s fitting that glazed-donut nails were her next beauty experiment.
Related: Hailey Bieber reveals she had a procedure to repair a hole in her heart.
Since then, Bieber’s glazed donut nails have gone viral, with TikTokers recreating the look and other celebs such as Vanessa Hudgens giving the trend a try.
To pull off the nails, all you need to do (according to Ganzorigt’s Instagram) is:
- Apply a base coat in a pale pink — Bieber has used OPI’s Funny Bunny polish.
- Apply one coat of the Nail Labo Presto Color Gel, and you can mix it with clear gel if you want.
- Go over the nails with a layer of the OPI Chrome Effects No Cleanse Top Coat for the shiny, glazed effect.
- Add the OPI Chrome Effects in Tin Man Can on top (or try this dupe).
- Finish with a top coat to help your nails stay shiny.
Related: Our favourite new beauty drops for July 2022.
Get More Slice.