When you don’t have to plan your life around your work schedule anymore, the best way to travel is slowly. After retirement, you finally have the time to get off the beaten track and really get under the skin of a destination. Your biggest challenge now is to decide where to travel to, with so much world out there to see. Here are some ideas.
Want more? Check out Hawaii's 20 most gorgeous beaches.
2. Marquesas Islands, French Polynesia
3. Blue Ridge Parkway, Virginia and North Carolina
4. Mekong River, Vietnam and Cambodia
Plus, don't miss the 50 best countries to stretch your dollar.
5. Highway 61, Tennessee and Mississippi
6. Prince Edward Island
It also boasts one of the best coastal drives you can take.
7. Sicily, Italy
If you're going to make the trip, don't miss Italy's most beautiful small towns.
8. Route 66, USA
9. Nevis, Saint Kitts and Nevis
10. Agawa Canyon, Ontario
11. Douro River, Portugal and Spain
Want more? Check out the 21 newest world heritage sites.
12. Tulum, Mexico
13. Charlevoix Region, Quebec
14. Tasmania, Australia
Need more Australia travel inspo? Check out the 20 most important things to see in Australia.
15. Liard River Hot Springs Provincial Park, BC
For more, check out 30 Irish words Canadians don't quite understand.
17. Canadian Badlands, Alberta
18. Costa Rica
Did you know it also happens to be one of the best destinations for the young and broke?
19. St. Simons Island, Georgia
20. Buenos Aires, Argentina
For more, check out the full list of the most romantic cities in the world.