When we travel, we sometimes do things we wouldn’t normally do at home. Maybe we drink too much or act a bit silly. That’s fine. But some people. when they travel, turn into jerks. These are the folks that yell at someone who doesn’t speak English. Or they carve their initials into a historic building. Or they run around naked at a spiritual site.
Don’t want to be one of ‘those’ travellers? Here are 20 ways you can avoid being a jerk when you hit the road.
1. Be Respectful
2. Ask Before Photographing People
3. Don’t Tag
4. Don’t Vandalize
5. Don’t Litter
6. Don’t Be Cheap
7. Don’t Get Ripped Off
8. Don’t Try to Convert People
9. Don’t Adopt Street Puppies Unless…
10. Practice Safe Sex
11. Don’t Complain How it’s Not Like Home
Travelling means that you have to deal with things going wrong, language and cultural issues and getting sick. It's called experience.
12. Don’t Eat at Fast Food Joints
13. Don’t Ignore Carry-on Rules
14. Don’t Get a Tattoo
15. Don’t Get Wasted
16. Always Be Prepared for Security/Customs/Boarding
17. Don’t Stare at Your Phone
Guess what? Your trip isn't for your friends back home. It's for you. Stop posting and start experiencing the world around you — it's why you're here!