We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming: the “Thank U, Next” singer is onto her next big venture — a beauty line we first confirmed back in September.
The line, aptly named R.E.M beauty, is already generating buzz and we now have an official drop date: Nov. 12.
@r.e.m.beautygreetings♬ original sound – r.e.m. beauty
The name not only stems from one of her songs, but also inspires the dreamy-like quality the line embraces: “R.E.M. encompasses a lot of my favorite parts of my sound. But also eyes and dreams and our most effective communicators,” Grande told TeenVogue. “You can say more with the way you look at someone than you can articulate with words sometimes. They’re what we use to dream, rest… and so much beauty happens there.”
The first iteration of the newly-minted brand is titled “Chapter 1”, implying subsequent releases, and features 12 key products with a sci-fi, vintage-meets-space feel.
The R.E.M. beauty Chapter 1 starting lineup:
- At the Borderline Eyeliner Marker
- At the Borderline Kohl Eyeliner Pencil
- Flourishing Volumizing Mascara
- Flourishing Lengthening Mascara
- Midnight Shadows Eyeshadow Palette
- Dream Lashes
- Midnight Shadows Liquid Eyeshadow
- On Your Collar Plumping Lip Gloss
- Utmost Importance Plumping Lip Gloss
- On Your Collar Matte Lipstick
- Practically Permanent Lip Stain Marker
- Interstellar Highlighter Topper
“We wanted to do drops instead of giving everything at once because we want it to be intentional and selective with the storytelling and what we give first,” the 28-year old added in her interview.
The line will be available exclusively on rembeauty.com/.