Canadian media powerhouse Corus Entertainment just launched a new scholarship and internship program — and it’s a game-changer. If you’ve ever been interested in the social media marketing space, this is the opportunity for you.
The so.da Social Marketing Scholarship and Internship program is geared towards building a more diverse pipeline for the future of social media superstars. The program is meant to highlight students who identify as racialized, 2SLGBTQ+, Indigenous and/or living with a disability. Additionally, students must be entering their final year of post-secondary diploma, advanced diploma or degree program in the following streams:
- Advertising & Graphic Design
- Advertising and Marketing Communications
- Multimedia Design and Development, or
A little sip of so.da
If you haven’t heard of so.da yet, here’s a rundown. So.da is one of the leading social digital agencies in all of Canada, with tons of accolades and recognition to boot. So.da operates under Corus Entertainment as a revenue engine for all-things social media and digital. Many of Canada’s favourite media brands, such as Food Network Canada, HGTV Canada, Slice — and many more — are handled by the expert so.da team.
So.da has the unique POV of always being on the pulse of what’s new and what’s trending. So.da is the place where all things pop! So if you’re a fan of pop-culture, digital media and the social media space, this program is for you.
View this post on Instagram
What you need to know about the so.da scholarship
The deadline to submit applications is currently May 26, 2023 at 5:00PM EST.
- so.da Scholarship: The selected student will receive up to $5,000 in financial assistance for their final year of studies.
- so.da Internship: Upon graduation, the scholarship recipient will also be offered a three-month paid internship at Corus Entertainment’s head office in Toronto, as well as a unique mentorship opportunity from seasoned so.da/Corus professionals.
To learn more about this program, visit the application page here.