Q: How do I turn off my Ad Blocker?Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome Menu icon from the browser toolbar.
- Highlight the Tools menu, then click Extensions from the sub-menu.
- Unclick the checkbox icon that appears next to the Adblock entry.
- Close the tab and refresh the page.
- Click on Safari located in the menu bar of your browser and select Preferences. The Preferences window will be displayed.
- Click on the Extensions button. A list of all extensions you have installed to Safari will appear.
- Navigate to and click on AdBlock in the list of extensions in the left pane.
- Unclick the checkbox icon that appears to the left of the Adblock entry.
- Close the menu and refresh the page.
- Click on Tools and then select Add-ons.
- Click Extensions from the left-hand pane.
- Find Adblock on the list of extensions.
- Select Disable to temporarily disable AdBlock.
- Close the tab and refresh the page.
- Click the gear icon to open Settings.
- Select the Manage Add-ons option on the drop-down list.
- Click the Toolbars and Extensions link in the left navigation pane.
- Right-click the AdBlock add-on name in the list, then click the Disable button.
- Click the Disable button in the confirmation window to disable the Adblock add-on.
Q: How can I get in touch with my favourite hosts?
A: As a broadcaster, Slice does not give out contact information for on-air hosts. Please conduct your own search to contact any hosts privately.
Q: How can I buy a video copy of my favourite Slice program?
A: As a broadcaster, Slice does not hold the distribution rights for programs seen on our network. Video copies of some (though not all) series can be obtained through the particular series' production company. We apologize for any inconvenience. However, you can view many of your favourite Slice shows on our website.
Q: What are the system requirements for viewing Slice video on the web?
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0.0 or later, HTML5 capable mobile device (selected content)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Firefox 2.0 or later, Safari 3 (Mac only) or later, Chrome 3.0 or later (Adobe Flash playback only)
- Microsoft Windows XP or later, Mac OS X 10.4 or later, Linux (Adobe Flash playback only)
- For optimal playback experience, your computer should have at least 512 MB of RAM, a video card with at least 128 MB of RAM, and a high-speed Internet connection.
Q: Why doesn't my video play?
A: Video can take up to 10 seconds to display or you may be running a content filter, antivirus application or proxy accelerator that is preventing the streaming of video content. Please turn off these services and try again.
Q: Could the reason I'm not able to watch video on slice.ca be because I live outside of Canada?
A: The videos in the video centre on slice.ca are only available for viewing in Canada. Unfortunately, we do not have streaming rights outside of Canada.
Q: I have always been able to watch video content on slice.ca and I am currently experiencing problems. How do I report this?
A: If you are suddenly experiencing difficulties watching our video content online, please refresh your browser. There may be ad media issues from time to time that could cause a glitch in video playback. If this doesn't help you, you can send us an email to email@example.com and let us know which episode/clip you're experiencing an issue with and what seems to be happening when you try to watch this clip.
If you are using Chrome 56 or higher, it is possible Flash has been disabled in your settings. To fix this, try the following: You can enable Flash manually by clicking the lock or the icon on the far left of your address bar. Navigate to Flash in the drop down and select ‘Always Allow on this Site’. Once selected, refresh your window and videos should display correctly. If you continue to experience issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help!
Q: How can I participate in one of your programs?
A: To see which shows are currently casting, please visit our casting call page. Please note Slice does not handle the casting or filming of our programs.
Q: How can I apply for a job with Slice?
A: To view jobs currently available within Slice and other divisions of Corus, please visit Corus Careers
Q: I have a blog idea that I’d like to submit to the slice.ca team. How do I contact them?
A: If you have an idea that you would like to pitch to the slice.ca team, you can contact them by emailing your suggestion/idea to email@example.com. A team member will receive the information and will respond to your email if they think it's a fit.
Q: I want to send in a compliment/complaint about your programming on Slice. How can I do this?
A: You can voice your opinion on our programming through our Viewer Relations department. You can reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Where are your contest rules and regulations?
A: You can find the contest rules and regulation here.