Once upon a time, plant oils were a household product that occupied space in our kitchen cupboards and played a designated role in our diets. Nowadays, consumers are far more conscious of their personal health, wellbeing and the environmental impact of their lifestyle choices — and plant oils are not just an essential component to any nutritious meal, but they have also become a staple in our skincare routines. If you are 2000 and late to the natural skincare trend, navigating the beauty section at your local Whole Foods can feel like you’re in a foreign country. But whether you want to start slow with one or two all-natural products (or transition cold-turkey to a 100% natural routine), your first right of passage into the world of green beauty is replacing your basic daily moisturizer with the queen of all plant-derived oils: rose hip seed oil.
We asked chemical engineer and co-founder of Velvette Organics, Joyce Tse, to give us a crash course on everything you need to know about this powerhouse plant-oil and why you should incorporate it into your routine.
1. Rose Hip Seed Oil is a Multi-Functional Moisturizer
2. Rose Hip Seed Oil is Suitable for All Skin Types
Velvette Organics Normal Skin Day Facial Oil, $43.
3. Rose Hip Seed Oil is Lightweight and Fast Absorbing
4. Rose Hip Seed Oil Contains Antioxidants to Protect Skin From Environmental Damage
See more: 20 sunscreen mistakes that everyone makes.
5. Rose Hip Seed Oil Can Reduce Premature Sign of Age
The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil, $10.
6. Rose Hip Seed Oil Offers Anti-Acne Benefits
You might also like: 4 mistakes you're making in your anti-acne routine.
7. Rose Hip Seed Oil Keeps Skin Youthful Looking
Kosmea Skin Clinic Certified Organic Rose Hip Oil, $16