A new year; a new you! We’ve all resolved to get rid of bad habits, learn good habits and change things for the better come the New Year, only to fall back into our old patterns within days. This year, your most important New Year’s resolution should be to stick to all the others you make. Of course, it’s easier said than done but these 20 tips will help you keep your New Year’s resolutions and save some money in 2017!
1. Make Your Resolutions About Something You Really Want
2. Be Specific
3. Keep Things Simple
4. Limit the Number of Resolutions You Make
5. Choose Meaningful Goals
6. Be Realistic
7. Set Goals That You Can Measure
8. Track Your Progress
9. Exercise Self-Control
10. Break up Your Goal Into Smaller Goals
12. Tell Others About Your Resolutions
13. Keep Your Spirits up
14. Drink Orange Juice or Lemonade
15. Keep a Visual Reminder of Your Goals
For example, if you want to lose some extra pounds, add pictures of you when you were slimmer to remind you that you can look that great again.
16. Remind Yourself of How Much You’ve Already Accomplished
This will remind you of how much willpower you actually have.
17. Fit It Into Your Schedule
For example, set aside an hour or two on Sunday afternoons to review your budget and see what you need to change in order to save money.
18. Reward Yourself
For example, don’t blow $100 on a pair of shoes because you’ve managed to save $200 in the past month.