The best education comes from travelling. The sooner you start exploring the world, the more impact it will have on the rest of your life. Travelling in your 20s is a right of passage. From backpacking around Southeast Asia to going wild at a huge music festival, these are 20 trips that you should take before you hit 30. What are you waiting for?
1. Backpack Southeast Asia
2. Volcano Board in Nicaragua
3. Do Mardi Gras in New Orleans
4. Backpack Europe
5. Take in Tomorrowland in Belgium
6. Experience the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, California
7. Groove at the Winnipeg Folk Festival
8. Bungee Jump in New Zealand
9. Ski Whistler, BC
And don't think that Whistler is a winter only destination. In the summer you can ride some extremely challenging mountain bike trails or enjoy the dramatic scenery from the area's network of hiking paths.
10. Sail the Croatian Coast
11. Learn to Surf in Tofino, BC
If you've ever wanted to try your hand at surfing, this is a great place to do it. There are a number of surf schools that offer multi-day surf camps. Even better? You can go anytime of year.
12. Experience Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany
13. Be Part of Burning Man, Black Rock Desert, Nevada
14. Explore Nepal
15. Visit Africa
16. Celebrate New Year’s Eve in New York
And after the big celebration you can get lost in the city's food and cultural offerings. New York is an affordable destination from almost anywhere in Canada.