Known for its incredible natural beauty and laid-back atmosphere, Vancouver is one of Canada’s most visited cities. It forms part of Metro Vancouver, a region that stretches far beyond the city limits and all the way south to the border with the United States.
A visit to Metro Vancouver means that you can enjoy slick city life, beaches, historic villages and much more. Here are 20 neat things about Metro Vancouver that may inspire you to make this one of the top destinations on your bucket list.
1. Movie Making
2. Superheroes at the Marine Building
3. Metropolis at Metrotown
4. Crystal Mall
5. Punjabi Market
6. Kids Market
7. The Maze at VanDusen Botanical Garden
8. BC Highland Games and Scottish Festival
9. Riverview Hospital
10. The Ghosts of The Old Spaghetti Factory
11. The Cliffwalk at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
12. Quarry Rock
13. Pipeline Hike at Iona Beach Regional Park
14. Chinese New Year’s Eve at the International Buddhist Temple
15. Dude Chilling Park
The authorities removed the sign but after a public outcry, it is now recognized as a quirky piece of public art in Vancouver.
16. Douglas Coupland’s Public Art
These include the Digital Orca at Jack Poole Plaza, the Terry Fox Memorial in Pacific Boulevard and Marine Drive’s Golden Tree, a shiny replica of the 800-year-old Hollow Tree in Stanley Park.