3 Spring Skincare Switches You Need to Make Right Now
We can finally, happily say that spring is here. Sunny days where you can get away with just a light jacket? The robins hopping along your neighbours' lawns? Goodbye winter, we say, and good riddance!
With spring comes a lot of fun, but also a lot of responsibility. Putting away all of your heavy sweaters in exchange for cotton sundresses is just a part of spring cleaning, and the ritual should extend beyond your wardrobe. Once the weather changes, it's important to take your skincare routine to task and put your best face forward for the warmer months.
That's why we've put together a little guide for brightening and boosting your skin for spring. Don't let any dullness and dryness from the winter wear you down--help is here!
1. Exfoliate With a PeelUsing a scrub to rejuvenate your complexion can seem like a great idea, but more often than not, grainy scrubs can leave your skin tight, dry and riddled with micro tears in the pores that cause premature aging.
1. Exfoliate With a PeelInstead, try the two-step from Dr. Dennis Gross. This system is packed with ingredients like glycolic acid, vitamin C and retinol, all of which help shed the dry, dead layer of skin and boost production of newer, healthier cells. After your first treatment, which only tingles slightly despite the sometimes ominous sound of the word "peel," your skin will have a noticeable glow.
Alpha Beta Peel from Dr. Dennis Gross, $110.
2. Get Moisture Back With a MaskWinter is absolutely brutal on skin prone to dryness, and it can sometimes take a bit of work getting it back to normal for the warmer months.
You might also like: the most moisturizing lipsticks to fight dry, chapped lips.
2. Get Moisture Back With a MaskThankfully, this mask is packed with super-moisturizing ingredients that sink into the skin and leave it looking plumped up and glowing. Just smooth the formula on with the included applicator spoon (how fancy!) and leave on for 15 minutes before patting off, or simply leave it on overnight for the ultimate benefits.
Eve Lom's Moisture Mask, $117.
3. Upgrade Your SPFWhile we hope you chose to wear SPF throughout the winter months, it's even more important now to up your sun-protection game.
3. Upgrade Your SPFTry a broad spectrum formula that doubles as a morning moisturizer, like Clarins Sun Care Cream Very High Protection. Ideal for all skin-types, this lotion prevents skin from UVA and UVB damage without being greasy or harsh.
Clarins Sun Care Cream Very High Protection For Sunsensitive Skin SPF 30, $34.