Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Face Lifts
1. The average price for a face lift in Toronto is $11,000 to $25,000.
2. In 2008, 225,866 people had a face lift in the U.S. and Canada.
3. What you should know about the surgery:
- All incisions are made in areas that are most easily concealed by your hair and make-up; like the contour of the ear, around the earlobe, back into the hairline and possibly under the chin.
- If you have short hair, you might want to let it grow, to help cover your scars!
- A “face lift” is not designed to address specific conditions related to eyebrows, eyelids or wrinkles around the mouth. You can speak with your surgeon about what other methods can be used to treat these areas.
4. The number of face lifts people are having has decreased by 5% from 2007 to 2008.
5. Face Lifts place 6th in the top ten most popular procedures of 2008, right after the tummy tuck in fifth place.
6. More and more face lifts are now being performed under local anesthetic vs general. This helps allow the patient a speedy recovery.
7. 66% of patients getting face lifts are 55 and over and only 2% of patients fall into the 30-39 age range.
8. A total of 11,399 men had a face lift in the US and Canada in 2008 which makes up only 9% of the total number of people getting face lifts.
9. Swelling and bruising will occur for the first few days and last anywhere from one to six weeks after surgery. It will take months to fully heal.
The speed of recovery depends upon the type of skin, age and healing ability of the patient. Most patients can resume everyday activities about two weeks after surgery.
Your face may feel numb for a few weeks or even months. This is normal and usually subsides. Scars take longer to fade, but because they are hidden in hairlines, behind the ears and in natural folds, they shouldn't be very noticeable (assuming there are no complications).
10. Expect that your facelift will turn back the clock approximately 7-10 years. However keep in mind that you will continue to age on your new face. The results of your facelift may be dramatic or subtle, depending on how you looked before surgery.
Written By: The producers of Plastic Makes Perfect
Watch the new season of Plastic Makes Perfect in the video centre!
Be sure to check out Episode 3030, as you'll see Virginia's Face Lift.
DISCLAIMER: This information is for entertainment purposes only. The recommendations may not work for you, and should not take the place of the recommendations made by your own medical personnel. We are not responsible for the outcomes of any recommendations.