The Ultimate Summer Music Festival Packing List
A few weeks ago, California's Coachella Valley was swarmed by overzealous indie music buffs and fashion-forward flower children who kicked off yet another summer filled with massive music festivals.
- The essentials - Don't forget the basics like your tickets, wristbands, ID, cash for snacks and drinks, cellphone, maps to the venue and camera to capture all of the moments
- Weather essentials - The summer can be unpredictable so make sure you're prepared for whatever Mother Nature has in store.
A festival poncho by Christopher Raeburn from Victorinox will keep you dry and looking stylish; clean up any unexpected nicks or cuts with a pocket first aid kit from American Red Cross; the ultimate festival wellies by Hunter; a colourful scarf to keep out an unexpected chill from Virginia Johnson.
Consonant Body's 100% natural SPF 30 sunscreen will protect you without leaving behind a greasy finish; A colourful cap from Maison Kitsuné to protect against the sun; funky wooden sunglasses that will protect your eyes as well as finish off your outfit from Shwood; all-natural herbal insect repellent from Burt's Bees.
- Refreshments - Though there will be food and drinks available at the venue, greasy fries and over-cooked hot dogs can get expensive and tiresome. Pack a refillable water bottle and some portable snacks like fruit or trail mix to keep yourself hydrated and recharged.
- Necessities - At some point during the festival, you're going to need to go. If a Port-o-John is not for you, try out one of these personal portable bathrooms. Don't forget your toilet paper and antibacterial wipes:
- For your head - You came to enjoy the music but when the festival is running for 2 days or more , you may need a bit of a break. Bring a set of ear plugs for some of the louder opening acts that may get a little overenthusiastic with the amps, and some headache medicine in case the sun, music and fresh air get the better of you.
- For your eyes - Got there a little late for Mumford & Sons? A pair of mini binoculars should ensure that you won't miss a thing no matter how far back you are
- Downtime - In between acts you're going to have some time to kill so bring along some gadgetry to keep you preoccupied and pump up the excitement for the next band.