Wear This Colour: Cobalt Blue
From outerwear to glam accessories, cobalt blue is everywhere this season. If you’re tired of basic black, the cobalt blue trend might be exactly the wardrobe update you’re looking for. Cobalt blue is sure to add energy and intensity to any wardrobe.
Not sure how to rock the trend? Here are a few of our favourite cobalt blue pieces and how to wear them.
1. From eye-catching brights to funky patterns, 'tis the season of the statement coat. This chic and elegant wool coat by Club Monaco ($398) is sure to turn heads while remaining a wardrobe staple for seasons to come.
2. Stand out in a crowd with this stunningly gorgeous statement necklace by Stella & Dot ($138). Inspired by the vibrant colours of a peacock, this eye-catching piece features glass stones and epoxy cabochons on a contrasting hematite chain. This the perfect accessory if you’re looking to add a pop of colour to winter white or neutrals.
3. Add a bold jolt of cobalt to your look this season with a flirty cap-sleeved skater dress like this one by Eliza J ($152). With contoured seams and deep pleats that accentuate the fit-and-flare silhouette, this minimally styled dress can easily be worn with a blazer to work or dressed up for a cocktail event with the help of some statement accessories.
4. For those of you looking to make a bold statement, this cobalt blue suede motorcycle jacket by Club Monaco ($595) is sure to do the trick. With it’s stunning hue, this piece is equal parts modern and retro chic.
5. A great way to experiment with colour is with a fun, printed tote. We’re totally in love with this geometric print tote by Jonathan Adler (US $128) that’s perfect for carrying around all of your daily essentials in style.
6. Chic, modern and just a tiny bit bohemian, we can’t help but adore this enamel cuff bracelet by French designer Isabel Marant (US $330). Enameled in tonal navy and blue and punctuated with graphic black and white, sport this bracelet to give you casual separates a cool feel.
7. If the shoe fits, wear it. Add a dose of colour to your look with a pair of pretty suede pumps like these ones by Kristin Cavallari for Chinese Laundry ($142).
8. Embrace the cobalt trend with a fun nail polish. This “Giddy Kipper” nail lacquer from the nail geniuses at Butter London ($17) will give your fingertips just the right amount of indigo shimmer.
Simone Paget is a freelance writer and the author of Skinny Dip, a cheeky blog about love, sex, relationships and everything in between. When she’s not writing her heart out, she loves wandering around her city, large cup of coffee in hand, in search of the next great story.
Allison Williams image: Getty Images