The Vicious Little Bitches will appear on slice.ca throughout the
month of August. Check back Tuesdays and Thursdays to read their blogs
and articles and visit them at viciouslittlebitches.blogspot.com.
We believe that every day you should feel great and put your best face forward. Life is too short to not have fun with what you’re wearing, unless of course that involves a feather boa! So take a look at what we suggest you place in your closet.
1. We have had a passion for boots since we came out of our mothers’ wombs! One of our staples is the Campus Boot by Frye. Whether we're wearing a flirty floral dress or rocking out in skinny jeans, they always give our outfits that extra punch of attitude we need to make them complete.
2. We love Urban Outfitters and their BDG Mid-Rise Denim Legging. They're so comfortable to wear and they don’t have the awkward belt loops that stick out from under your shirt when you're trying to achieve the look of a long clean line. They're cost effective and they also look great with every kind of shoe, from a sexy ankle boot to a 5-inch heel.
3. The Take Action Dress by the label Girls from Savoy at Anthropologie. It looks like it's straight out of Mad Men! Can we just say, “Helllloooo, Mr. Draper! How would you like to meet your new secretary?”
4. The military jacket from TNA is great to pair with almost every casual summer outfit.
5. The New Romantics Crochet Cardigan by Free People is ultra-feminine and fabulous when paired with a floral tank, flare jeans, and wedge sandals. This outfit makes us feel like we're taking a trip back to the 60s and embracing our inner love child!
6. Because every girl needs a little glitter in her life, we love these super fun heels. The Foxy Platform - Multi Glitter, by Jeffrey Campbell. You can get them at Nasty Gal.
7. A dress with a hood in a cheetah print? We think yes! Available on shopbop.com and by Thayer Hoodie Cheetah Print Dress is a perfect transition piece for Fall. Wear it as a dress right now and come the fall chill, pair it with leggings or some black skinny jeans.
8. A girl’s wish list would not be complete without a designer handbag. Our absolute favourite is the Alexander Wang Rocco Satchel With Rhodium Hardware from his Fall 2011 collection. This bag has come and gone in many different styles and is still going strong among celebrities! It's now available at Holt Renfrew or alexanderwang.com.
9. Our next favourite is a mouthful to say, but so worth it! It’s The Skinny Second Skin Jegging With Wrap Around Zip In Black Shiny Featherweight from 7 For All Mankind. These are great to add a little rock’n’roll into your wardrobe without looking like a Guns’N’Roses groupie from the past. They are also a great pair of skinny pants when you don’t want to wear denim.
10. Whether you're going to the office or heading out for a night on the town, this is the perfect blouse to have in your closet, the Cream Contrast Long Sleeve Shirt from Topshop. You can pair it with a black pencil skirt for the office and when you want to transition to dinner, switch to some black skinny jeans (#9 would work perfectly!) and add some ankle boots. You'll look chic, classy, and a touch of a sexy vixen.
These are just a few of our many favourite pieces. With Fall coming, there will be many good items to be seen and bought, so happy shopping! Let’s just hope we don't end up fighting for the same shoes.
Meghan Calverley and Jessica Hinkson are the Vicious Little Bitches, reporting from the "dirty, nasty, backstabbing" retail jungle.