DIY Honey and Olive Oil Body Scrub
Summer is in full swing! And with that comes skin that is caked in sunscreen and dry heels from all that flip-flopping. So what's a girl to do? You could blow $30 on a body scrub -- or you could try making your own Honey and Olive Oil Body Scrub.
In this recipe, all-natural olive oil works as a moisturizer, while the roughness of the sugar acts as an exfoliant. Honey acts as a mild antiseptic by producing hydrogen peroxide when it's mixed with water. The acids found in the lemon peel promote soft and glowing skin.
We mixed up this summer scrub in less than 10 minutes and it will net you about four applications to use once or twice a week. So get ready to glow!
¼ teaspoon of honey
1 cup of brown sugar
¼ cup of olive oil
2 teaspoons of fresh lemon zest
- Step 1: Have all your ingredients handy and a resealable container to store your scrub.
- Step 2: Mix together honey and olive oil in your container. Use a mini spatula to scrape up every last bit.
- Step 3: Add the brown sugar to your olive oil and honey mixture.
- Step 4: Mix well
- Step 5: Remove zest from lemon
- Step 6: Sprinkle into your scrub jar and mix well.
- Step 7: Seal up your container/jar and place in your shower. Enjoy your homemade body scrub all summer!
Lisa Ng is the Editor-in-Chief of The Hip + Urban Girl’s Guide, a lifestyle website that blogs daily about food, travel, fashion and events. When she’s not chasing after the best taco or donut somewhere around the world, you can find her in Toronto sharing her finds online.