What if I get pregnant after our one-night stand?
Q: If we had a one night stand, with no protection, and I got pregnant, and didn’t tell you, how would you feel? Is that "baby theft"?
A: We probably didn’t do that one-night stand with the intent of making a baby, payable upon delivery. You don’t owe me a child, or even a relationship. But unless I was an utter bastard to you and it would only make things worse, you do owe me the truth.
- Trevor, 25, Marketing Coordinator, sketch comedy writer/performer, single
A: I think baby theft is a strong word. But it’s pretty irresponsible to the child isn’t it?
- Mike, 31, Marketing Consultant, married
A: Never will that happen! Not only do I practice safe sex but I also believe in onanism.
- Andy, 29. IT Consultant, single
A: Baby theft is a little harsh, but I’d be hurt and would definitely like to know and be there for support from day one.
- Richard, 32. Events Planner, lives with girlfriend
A: I would be scared of you.
- Josh, 28, Model, with girlfriend
A: Damn right that’s baby thievery. It takes two to tango and concealing the existence of a child from a parent is dead wrong. Why should a father get punished for a mistake made by two adults?
- Rod, 32, Fireman, married, baby on the way